Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wanted Wedensdays: Vampire Academy 6: Last Sacrifice

I'm doing this post while making spaghetti and sadly having to resort to drinking grape juice (no more orange juice for this week). But, it feels good finally haivng time to do another installment of "Wanted Wedensdays"! Where I give books I'm eagerly waiting to come out and grace the shelves at Borders....because I have a Rewards card there.

This week's Wanted Wedensday popped into my head today when I was skimming the library for a book for a speech I have coming up and saw the Vampire Academy series. Then it came to me...the sixth book will be coming out A DAY before my birthday.

This book is none other than *drum roll*:
The synopsis for the series for my lovely readers who have been shielded from this lovely series:

"Two races of vampires walk our world. The Moroi are alive and wield elemental magical, while the Strigoi are undead and evil--feeding on the innocent to survive. Rose Hathaway--a half-vampire with poor impulse control--is training to be a bodyguard for a Moroi princess. Learning to decapitate and stake is hard enough, but Rose's real danger may lie in an illicit romance with one of her instructors...



This is Richelle's only young adult series. It's received honors from the American Library Association and been on the New York Times and USA Today Bestseller lists." Source from Richelle Mead's Website

And, the book's synopsis:
 
"Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them." Source from Goodreads
 
Now I'm all for the vampire series, but I think this one really stands out from others right now. It is more dark and sinister like the vampire world but gives real life situation like normal teenagers: relationship problems, self-harm, depression, social life, drama, gossip, etc. It's not like a normal vampire series which I like because I don't like series where I think I've read it before. I think everyone should read this AH-mazing series because of not only the amazing action and romance but for a series where you can relate to one or more of the characters in some way.
 
I have decided I will be giving this book away on my birthday because I want someone to enjoy the 8th along with me...with an AH-azing book. But, you have to get through a Vampire Academy series quiz first! Get ready for that! Everyone have an amazing rest of the week and check back here tomorrow where I will have another installment of Trailer Thursdays over The Mortal Instrument series! (Below is what I will be posting for the upcoming weekend!
 
Thursday, Sep. 9, 2010:
-Trailer Thursdays: Mortal Instruments series
-True Blood--Season 3, Episode 11: Fresh Blood
 
Friday, Sep. 10, 2010:
-Vampire Diaries Season 2 Opening Episode
 
Saturday, Sep. 11,  2010:
-To Kill A Mockingbird Review
-R U 4 Real? Review
 
Sunday, Sep. 12, 2010:
-Top Books of the Week List (USA Today)
-Need by Carrie Jones Review

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics