Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Possession by Elana Johnson

Title: Possession
Author: Elana Johnson
Series: Possession #1
Format: Paperback
Release Date: June 7, 2011
Genre(s): YA, Science Fiction, Romance


Rating:


Summary

Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.


Review

Plot: One thing about this book: there is A TON of plot. Like this could have been at least two books. And the book isn't really all that long. But it goes on forever! It's the common plot line of that of Hunger Games. It takes place in the future where there is no physical contact. The government is extremely controlling and brainwashes everyone into doing or believing what they deem right. But Vi has stopped listening to their brainwashing and is turning into a "baddie." She finds herself in jail after only a small crime and now they're punishing her to the highest degree. So she runs away with her new cell mate, Jag. I can't even begin to tell you the whole plot because so much plot happens I can't even keep my mind straight. To be honest, it was a mess.
Character(s): Vi- Vi (or Violet) is actually a very good heroine. She's a headstrong girl who won't put up with anything. She struggles with which side to be on throughout the whole book but it's not in an annoying way. She makes great points.
Jag- Okay, everyone loves him... I hate him. I mean, he has his good points but honestly he bugs me! I can never tell if he's lying or tricking her and I never feel like he cares about her that much. I know he does, but it's not shown very well.
Zenn- In contrast, everyone hates Zenn. I have to admit that by the end I don't like him very much but one thing is or sure: he loves Vi! At least he shows it, unlike Jag. It's not his fault he's brainwashed.
Cover: I liked the covers, however. I thought it matched the whole theme of the book nicely. It drew me in enough to give it a chance.
Closing Thoughts: Unfortunately, I'm going to give this book a one. It was a very good idea and an interesting plot, but I COULD NOT STAND the writing. It was terrible. She was all over the place and most of the time the book didn't even make sense. She was horrible at creating tension (at one point I was like... did they just get captured? I didn't even know the bad guys were there. What's going on? I'm so confused). Actually that was most of the time. I just hated the way she explained things and wrote and if it wasn't for my friend forcing me to read this, I would have put it down half way. I didn't even care enough to keep reading. She wants me to read the second one, but even she says it's worse and I don't think I'll be able to. So, honestly, I would not recommend this to anyone. It just frustrated me.
Where to find (author's name):

Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics