Sunday, March 16, 2014

#1 The Secret of Boys: Hailey Abbott



Title: The Secrets of Boys
Author: Hailey Abbott
Series: N/A
Format: Paperback
Release Date: May 30, 2006
Genre(s): Romance, YA, Fiction

Rating:





Summary

Eric: Loves surfing, has killer abs, an even better smile, and a heart of gold.

Joe: A sarcastic goofball who gives great advice, which no one ever takes.

Zach: Sophisticated college boy, wise in the ways of French painting as well as other French things.

A California girl like Cassidy Jones should be out on the beach, not stuck in summer school! But her life heats up when she meets the worldly and romantic Zach – she can't stop thinking about him, even though she already has a boyfriend. Cassidy wishes her pal Joe were around to help her figure out the secrets of boys, but he's hundreds of miles away. Will she be able to ignore her feelings for Zach – or will temptation be too strong to resist?

Review

Plot: Cassidy is a very shy, timid girl working to get into the best school. Her best friend is the craziest, most outgoing girl ever and her boyfriend of two years is practically perfect. After her mom decides she has to go away to summer school instead of working with her friend all summer she starts leading a whole new life. She meets Zach. He’s the TA for her French class and is amazingly gorgeous and charming. When she starts being with him, she learns to be more outgoing and confident. But things get a little… complicated, what with her real boyfriend and all.

Character(s): Cassidy- I have to say at first I related with her. Shy, quiet, girl who cares way too much about her studies. A serious boyfriend who’s just perfect for her. A fashionable, outgoing best friend. All of it seemed relatable. But then she starts making some choices that just bug the heck out of me! She cheats on her boyfriend and doesn’t even officially dump him until way too late and it’s just very annoying to me. After a while she seemed whiny and annoying. Although, I will give her that her best friend is really not a good friend and it made me really happy when she finally stood up for herself.

Cover: I liked the cover and I didn’t. I liked it because the couple on the cover didn’t seem like the usual “picture perfect” book cover models. In fact it just looked like a normal couple someone just snapped a picture of. However, I did feel like I needed to hide the cover from the people around me. Two people in their underwear? I felt like I needed to assure everyone I wasn’t reading a dirty book!
Closing Thoughts: I only gave this a two because I think I’m more strict about books than I used to be. It was a good read! I read it in only about a day. But it just wasn’t amazing. The characters bugged me and really the only character I liked was Joe. I liked Eric too, but he got dumped so I didn’t really get stuck on him. It was realistic though which was nice. She learned valuable lessons I think a lot of girls should learn from. So it’s a good read, just nothing amazing.  
Where to find Hailey Abbott:

Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics